It’s time for a sweet treat! Try this delectable white chocolate tart with fresh figs by the talented Heather Christo, to pair with the unique Stellar Organics Heaven-on-Earth dessert wine.
About Heaven on Earth Dessert Wine
Our area of the Western Cape is the only area in the world where Rooibos (red bush), known since the time of the San for its medicinal properties, can be cultivated. Fully sun-ripened Muscat d’Alexandrie grapes partially dried on a bed of organic straw and Rooibos and rehydrated in their own juice have produced a dessert wine redolent of the flavours and scents of apricot and Rooibos. Heaven on Earth is a superb example of a specialist regional product.View wine specs
Recipe: White Chocolate Coconut Tart with Fresh Figs
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cold butter cut into pieces
- ½ cup shortening
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Coconut Cream Filling
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 12-15 fresh figs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt and coconut. Pulse until well combined. Add the cold butter and the Crisco and pulse until you have dough that will hold together. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper and form into a disc.
- Spray a 10-inch round tart shell with baking spray and then press the dough into the tart shell. Prick the bottom of the tart with a fork in several places.
- Bake the tart at 200°C for 18 minutes until the tart shell is a light golden brown.
- While the tart shell is cooling, make the white chocolate ganache.
- Heat the 1/3 cup of whipping cream and allow to simmer in a small pot. Remove the pot from the heat and add 1 cup of white chocolate chips. Whisk the cream and white chocolate until you have a smooth ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the bottom of the tart shell.
- Make sure the ganache is spread evenly around the bottom of the tart shell. Let it set and cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut cream, the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, whip everything until you have a thick coconut cream that holds a stiff peak.
- Empty the cream into the coconut tart shell and spread it evenly.
- Slice the fresh figs into quarters and arrange them in a concentric circle. Keep refrigerated until you slice and serve.